ISKCON Bhagavata Mahavidyalaya aims to provide a facility for its members to study, practice, and disseminate the teachings of Srimad Bhagavatam, along with the writings of the Gaudiya Vaisnava acaryas and the branches of Vedic philosophy, culture, music and science in the context of Srila Prabhupada’s teachings.
ISKCON Bhagavata Mahavidyalaya is located in Sri Govardhan dhama to systematically propagate the teachings of Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam and Caitanya-caritāmṛta to the society at large by:
- Providing Vedic education free of cost.
- Maintaining an educational environment appropriate to the Vaisnava tradition.
- Giving special emphasis on realization through practical application of knowledge in all aspects of life.
- Propagating a culture of establishing the Bhagavatam as a core guiding principle of our lives.
- Helping the community of devotees to develop a genuine taste for studying Srimad Bhagavatam.
- Training devotees in presenting seminars and lectures on knowledge, practices, and values of the Vaisnava tradition.
- Completely equipping the students with the resources required for starting a Bhagavata Vidyalaya in their own place.
To accomplish the above mission, ISKCON Bhagavata Mahavidyalaya will facilitate philosophical training for adult residential and non-residential students through the traditional Vedic educational methods.
ISKCON Bhagavata Mahavidyalaya has been inspired by the service and efforts of His Grace Gopiparanadhana Prabhu and His Holiness Gaur Krishna Gosvami Maharaj. Their dedication toward the study and the dissemination of the teachings of Srimad Bhagavatam is the torchlight guiding us to forward to serve this mission.