Letter to Brahmananda -- Hawaii 23 March, 1969:
Yes, we must set up our society as a school as best we can—I have already sent you letter. Please formulate the whole curriculum because we have to immediately submit to the Draft department and if this is accepted that will be great gain for our society. "Bhakti-sastri" is awarded after extensive study of Bhagavad-gita, Easy Journey, and Nectar of Devotion. "Bhakti-vaibhava" is awarded after study of Vedanta-sutra and Srimad-Bhagavatam on a preliminary basis; and "Bhaktivedanta" the highest title, is awarded after extensive study of Caitanya-caritamrta.
The Supreme Personality of Godhead speaks to Lord Brahma:
O Brahma, O Suvrata, among all types of festivals, the festival of discussing Srimad Bhagavatam is the topmost.
- (from the Srimad Bhagavatam Mahatmya of Skanda Purana)
dharmaḥ projjhita-kaitavo ’tra paramo nirmatsarāṇāṁ satāṁ
vedyaṁ vāstavam atra vastu śivadaṁ tāpa-trayonmūlanam
śrīmad-bhāgavate mahā-muni-kṛte kiṁ vā parair īśvaraḥ
sadyo hṛdy avarudhyate ’tra kṛtibhiḥ śuśrūṣubhis tat-kṣaṇāt
Srila Prabhupada suggested four levels of study of his books—Bhakti-sastri, Bhakti-vaibhava, Bhakti-vedanta and Bhakti-sarvabhauma. After completing Bhakti-sastri, a sincere devotee who wants to enhance his knowledge and understanding of Vaishnava philosophy through the contents of Srimad Bhagavatam can pursue Bhakti-vaibhava. The course aims at preparing the Vaishnavas more determined in practicing Krishna consciousness. This course would be helpful for the development of preaching skills with reference to the purports of Srimad Bhagavatam. This course brings deepened appreciation of Srila Prabhupada’s mood and mission as revealed in his purports. Qualified students of the Bhakti-vaibhava module-1 course will be awarded a ‘Bhakti-vaibhava’ certificate from the ISKCON Board of Examinations only after completing Bhakti-vaibhava module-2.
The speciality of Bhagavata Toshani course at ISKCON Bhagavata Mahavidyalaya is that with systematic study of Bhaktivedanta purports of the first three Cantos, you will study the commentaries of previous acharyas.
Requirements for enrollment:-
- You must be 18 years or above in age.
- You need to have a Bhakti-sastri certificate (You have to submit the same for our record)
- As per the guidelines of ISKCON Board of Examination to be qualified to obtain the Bhakti sastri degree, the students must chant minimum 16 rounds of Hare Krishna maha-mantra daily & follow the four regulative principles.
- You need to submit a recommendation letter by an ISKCON authority who knows you well, certifying your character, sadhana, Brahminical tendencies and being favorably engaged in the preaching mission of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu for at least the previous 12 months.
- As per the rules & regulations of ISKCON Board of Examination, for getting the Bhakti Sastri degree, you must have 75% of attendance in the course.
- For better understanding we humbly request you to read Canto 1, 2 & 3 before you start deeply studying these books with us and be fully benefited from the course.
Note: You will be considered registered only when you submit the Registration Form and the Recommendation Letter along with the payment of facilitation fees. (Recommendation Letter is to be submitted in the format given below and it can be sent via email at firstname.lastname@example.org after submitting the Registration Form & making payment)
Course Facilitation Fees : INR 7500/-
Contact Details :-
Address : ISKCON Bhagavata Mahavidyalaya 344, Shri Radha Golf, Anyor, Bari Parikrama Marg, Govardhan, district- Mathura, Uttar Pradesh 281502
For any queries please write to us at email@example.com. or Contact : Vamsidhari Gauri Devi Dasi - +91 95280 06565
HG Venu Gopal Das
HG Kanai Krishna Das
HG Sri Keshav Das
HH Bhakti Vijnana Swami
HH Bhakti Dhira Damodara Swami
HG Kamalalochan Das
HG Radhika Vallabha Das