Letter to Brahmananda -- Hawaii 23 March, 1969:
Yes, we must set up our society as a school as best we can—I have already sent you letter. Please formulate the whole curriculum because we have to immediately submit to the Draft department and if this is accepted that will be great gain for our society. "Bhakti-sastri" is awarded after extensive study of Bhagavad-gita, Easy Journey, and Nectar of Devotion. "Bhakti-vaibhava" is awarded after study of Vedanta-sutra and Srimad-Bhagavatam on a preliminary basis; and "Bhaktivedanta" the highest title, is awarded after extensive study of Caitanya-caritamrta.
The Supreme Personality of Godhead speaks to Lord Brahma: O Brahma, O Suvrata, among all types of festivals, the festival of discussing Srimad Bhagavatam is the topmost.
--(from the Srimad Bhagavatam Mahatmya of Skanda Purana)
dharmaḥ projjhita-kaitavo ’tra paramo nirmatsarāṇāṁ satāṁ
vedyaṁ vāstavam atra vastu śivadaṁ tāpa-trayonmūlanam
śrīmad-bhāgavate mahā-muni-kṛte kiṁ vā parair īśvaraḥ
sadyo hṛdy avarudhyate ’tra kṛtibhiḥ śuśrūṣubhis tat-kṣaṇāt
Completely rejecting all religious activities which are materially motivated, this Bhāgavata Purāṇa propounds the highest truth, which is understandable by those devotees who are fully pure in heart. The highest truth is reality distinguished from illusion for the welfare of all. Such truth uproots the threefold miseries. This beautiful Bhāgavatam, compiled by the great sage Vyāsadeva [in his maturity], is sufficient in itself for God realization. What is the need of any other scripture? As soon as one attentively and submissively hears the message of Bhāgavatam, by this culture of knowledge the Supreme Lord is established within his heart.
- You must be 18 years or above in age.
- You need to have a Bhakti-sastri certificate. (You have to submit the same for our record)
- As the course would be in English so sufficient command in English language is mandatory for understanding and qualifying the assessments.
- For better understanding we humbly request you to read all the six cantos before you come here to deeply study with us and are fully benefited from the course.
- The candidates will be scheduled for a Telephonic interview with the academic team for final approval.
- You need to submit a Recommendation letter by an ISKCON authority who knows you well, certifying your character, sadhana, Brahminical tendencies and being favourably engaged in the preaching mission of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu for at least the previous 12 months.
Service charges : Education is completely free of charge. There will be no tuition fee charged from the students. Prasadam will also be provided free of cost.
Contact Details :-
Address : ISKCON Bhagavata Mahavidyalaya 344, Shri Radha Golf, Anyor, Bari Parikrama Marg, Govardhan, District - Mathura, Uttar Pradesh 281502
HG Venu Gopal Das
HG Kanai Krishna Das
HG Sri Keshav Das
HH Bhakti Vijnana Swami
HH Bhakti Dhira Damodara Swami
HG Kamal Lochan Das
HG Radhika Vallabha Das