Letter to Brahmananda -- Hawaii 23 March, 1969:
Yes, we must set up our society as a school as best we can—I have already sent you letter. Please formulate the whole curriculum because we have to immediately submit to the Draft department and if this is accepted that will be great gain for our society. "Bhakti-sastri" is awarded after extensive study of Bhagavad-gita, Easy Journey, and Nectar of Devotion. "Bhakti-vaibhava" is awarded after study of Vedanta-sutra and Srimad-Bhagavatam on a preliminary basis; and "Bhaktivedanta" the highest title, is awarded after extensive study of Caitanya-caritamrta.
1st Jul to 30th Nov 2020
The Supreme Personality of Godhead speaks to Lord Brahma:
O Brahma, O Suvrata, among all types of festivals, the festival of discussing Srimad Bhagavatam is the topmost.
- (from the Srimad Bhagavatam Mahatmya of Skanda Purana)
śrīmad-bhāgavataṁ purāṇam amalaṁ yad vaiṣṇavānāṁ priyaṁ
yasmin pāramahaṁsyam ekam amalaṁ jñānaṁ paraṁ gīyate
tatra jñāna-virāga-bhakti-sahitaṁ naiṣkarmyam āviskṛtaṁ
tac chṛṇvan su-paṭhan vicāraṇa-paro bhaktyā vimucyen naraḥ
“The Spotless Purāṇa”
Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam is the spotless Purāṇa. It is most dear to the Vaiṣṇavas because it describes the pure and supreme knowledge of the paramahaṁsas. This Bhāgavatam reveals the means for becoming free from all material work, together with the processes of transcendental knowledge, renunciation and devotion. Anyone who seriously tries to understand Śrīmad-Bhāgavatam, who properly hears and chants it with devotion, becomes completely liberated. (S.B. 12.13.18)
Srila Prabhupada suggested four levels of study of his books—Bhakti-sastri, Bhakti-vaibhava, Bhakti-vedanta and Bhakti-sarvabhauma. After completing Bhakti-sastri and Bhakti-vaibhava, a sincere devotee who wants to enhance his knowledge and understanding of Vaishnava philosophy through the contents of Srimad Bhagavatam can pursue Bhakti-vedanta.
The course aims at preparing the Vaishnavas more determined in practicing Krishna consciousness. This course would be helpful for the development of preaching skills with reference the purports of Srimad Bhagavatam. This course brings deepened appreciation of Srila Prabhupada’s mood and mission as revealed in his purports. Qualified students of the Bhakti Vardhini course will also be awarded a ‘Bhakti-vedanta’ certificate from the ISKCON Board of Examinations only after completing Bhakti-vedanta module-2.
The speciality of Bhagavata Darshini course at ISKCON Bhagavata Mahavidyalaya is that with systematic study of Canto 7, 8 & 9, you can study either one or both of the following optional subjects:
- Sad Sandharbhas of Srila Jiva Goswami
- Sanskrit (based on the curriculum of Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan, New Delhi).
Requirements for enrolment:-
- You need to have a Bhakti-vaibhava degree.
- You must be a good sadhaka, should have brahminical tendencies and good service attitude.
- You need to submit a recommendation letter by an ISKCON authority who knows you well, certifying your character, sadhana, Brahminical tendencies and being favourably engaged in the preaching mission of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu for at least the previous 12 months.
- For better understanding we humbly request you to read all the three cantos before you come here to deeply study with us and be fully benefited from the course.
- As the course would be in English so sufficient command in English language is mandatory for understanding and qualifying the assessments.
- You must be 18 years or above in age.
- The candidates will be scheduled for a Telephonic interview with the academic team for final approval.
Note : You will be considered registered only when you complete the Registration Form and submit the Recommendation Letter
Service charges : Education is completely free of charge. There will be no tuition fee charged from the students.
Contact Details :-
Address : Gopinath Seva Dham, opposite Vaishno Devi Lane, Vrindavan, Uttar Pradesh – 281121
Accommodation assistance & Visa related inquiries : Prema Sindhu Gauranga Das :: +91 84540 01231
General inquiries : Vamsidhari Gauri Devi Dasi :: +91 95280 06565
For any queries please write to us at email@example.com.
HH Bhakti Dhira Damodara Swami
HH Venu Gopal Das
HG Kanai Krishna Das
HG Gauranga Darshan Das
HG Radhikavallabh Das
HG Srivas Das