ISKCON Disciple Course (English)
Course description : The ISKCON Disciples Course (IDC) is a training program that gives an in-depth understanding of guru tattva and guru padasraya within the multi-guru culture of ISKCON.
The course has been developed under the direction of the Guru Services Committee. Leading educators of ISKCON have contributed greatly to the course. The course is based on the teachings of Srila Prabhupada and current ISKCON Law with reference to the writings from the Gaudiya Vaisnava tradition.
IDC has been designed for new devotees preparing to take initiation in ISKCON. The course is also recommended for leaders, preachers, counselors, and educators within ISKCON.
Course Contents : The five-session course includes Powerpoint presentation and assessment exercises.
Course materials : IDC Handbook
Target audience : For First/Second Initiation
Assessment plan : Online Exam
- As per the guidelines of Guru Services Committee, to be qualified to attend ISKCON Disciples Course, the students must chant minimum 16 rounds of Hare Krishna maha-mantra daily & follow the four regulative principles.
- We require a recommendation from in the attached format from an ISKCON authority (Your Temple President/Co-President/Bhakti Vriksha leader/Counsellor). You need to submit to us at [email protected] Please note that your admission would not be confirmed unless we have received this recommendation. (Provide the option to “Download the Recommendation Letter Format”)
- The regulations to be followed during the exam. All students should agree for the following requirements regarding the online exam before taking admission to the course:-
- Exam will be conducted online (on cloud meetings).
- Answers should be hand written, no electronic devices are allowed for typing.
- Candidate should be having two devices live on cloud meetings. One will cover the candidate writing his answers as well as the screen of the front device. The second/front device will be used by the candidate to see the question paper shared in cloud meeting screen.
- Immediately after the exam, the candidate has to scan his answer sheet in front of the front device camera & submit it to us via Google form.