Bhakti Vaibhava Course
The Supreme Personality of Godhead speaks to Lord Brahma:
O Brahma, O Suvrata, among all types of festivals, the festival of discussing Srimad Bhagavatam is the topmost.
– (from the Srimad Bhagavatam Mahatmya of Skanda Purana)
dharmaḥ projjhita-kaitavo ’tra paramo nirmatsarāṇāṁ satāṁ
vedyaṁ vāstavam atra vastu śivadaṁ tāpa-trayonmūlanam
śrīmad-bhāgavate mahā-muni-kṛte kiṁ vā parair īśvaraḥ
sadyo hṛdy avarudhyate ’tra kṛtibhiḥ śuśrūṣubhis tat-kṣaṇāt
Completely rejecting all religious activities which are materially motivated, this Bhāgavata Purāṇa propounds the highest truth, which is understandable by those devotees who are fully pure in heart. The highest truth is reality distinguished from illusion for the welfare of all. Such truth uproots the threefold miseries. This beautiful Bhāgavatam, compiled by the great sage Vyāsadeva [in his maturity], is sufficient in itself for God realization. What is the need of any other scripture? As soon as one attentively and submissively hears the message of Bhāgavatam, by this culture of knowledge the Supreme Lord is established within his heart.
Srila Prabhupada suggested four levels of study of his books—Bhakti-sastri, Bhakti-vaibhava, Bhakti-vedanta and Bhakti-sarvabhauma. After completing Bhakti-sastri, a sincere devotee who wants to enhance his knowledge and understanding of Vaishnava philosophy through the contents of Srimad Bhagavatam can pursue Bhakti-vaibhava. The course aims at preparing the Vaishnavas more determined in practicing Krishna consciousness. This course would be helpful for the development of preaching skills with reference to the purports of Srimad Bhagavatam. This course brings deepened appreciation of Srila Prabhupada’s mood and mission as revealed in his purports. Qualified students of the Bhakti-vaibhava module-1 course will be awarded a ‘Bhakti-vaibhava’ certificate from the ISKCON Board of Examinations only after completing Bhakti-vaibhava module-2.
The speciality of Bhagavata Toshani course at ISKCON Bhagavata Mahavidyalaya is that with systematic study of Bhaktivedanta purports of the first three Cantos, you will study the commentaries of previous acharyas.
Requirements for enrollment:-
- You must be 18 years or above in age.
- You need to have a Bhakti-sastri certificate (You have to submit the same for our record)
- As per the guidelines of ISKCON Board of Examination to be qualified to obtain the Bhakti sastri degree, the students must chant minimum 16 rounds of Hare Krishna maha-mantra daily & follow the four regulative principles.
- You need to submit a recommendation letter by an ISKCON authority who knows you well, certifying your character, sadhana, Brahminical tendencies and being favorably engaged in the preaching mission of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu for at least the previous 12 months.
- As per the rules & regulations of ISKCON Board of Examination, for getting the Bhakti Sastri degree, you must have 75% of attendance in the course.
- For better understanding we humbly request you to read Canto 1, 2 & 3 before you start deeply studying these books with us and be fully benefited from the course.
Note: You will be considered registered only when you submit the Registration Form and the Recommendation Letter along with the payment of facilitation fees. (Recommendation Letter is to be submitted in the format given below and it can be sent via email at [email protected] after submitting the Registration Form & making payment)