Course description :
About the book: Bhakti sandarbha is the fifth book among Ṣaṭ-sandarbhas. Compiled by Śrīla Jīva Gosvāmī, Ṣaṭ-sandarbhas are the foundational texts for Gauḍīya Vaiṣṇava philosophy. Bhakti sandarbha discusses the abhidheya tattva. In this book the definition of bhakti, why we have to do bhakti only, who is eligible for bhakti, various types of bhakti, two categories of sādhana-bhakti: vaidhi and rāgānuga will be discussed.
Why should devotees study Bhakti-sandarbha?
One can develop strong faith in the process of bhakti and understand its subtleties so that one can develop proper mood for performing bhakti. It will also help in understanding obstacles in bhakti and how to remove them. One can understand that bhakti is the supreme method. It will also help you in convincing new people about the process of bhakti.
Bhakti-sandarbha was the only book among the Ṣaṭ-sandarbhas that Śrīla Bhaktisiddhānta Sarasvatī Ṭhākura commented on and published during his lifetime.
In this course on Bhakti sandarbha, the mūla (main) text will be discussed line by line for better understanding of the subject matter. This course demands a minimum of 250 hours.
Course Contents –
- Anucchedas 1-153
- Establishing bhakti as the abhidheya from various conversations of Śrīmad Bhāgavatam
- Bhakti is possible everywhere, for everyone, at all times
- Various characteristics of bhakti
Course materials – Bhakti-sandarbha mūla in Roman will be provided.
References: Bhakti-sandarbha translation by HH Bhānu Swami Maharaj.
Assessment plan – Assignments and Closed Book Tests
Course requirement (any pre-qualification) –
- Must be Bhakti-Sastri qualified or currently pursuing it.
- The regulations to be followed during the close books exams. All students should agree for the following requirements regarding the online exam before taking admission to the course:-
- All closed book exams will be conducted online (in cloud meetings).
- Answers should be hand written, no electronic devices are allowed for typing.
- Candidate should be having two devices live on cloud meetings. One will cover the candidate writing his answers as well as the screen of the front device. The second/front device will be used by the candidate to see the question paper shared in cloud meeting screen.
- Immediately after the exam, the candidate has to scan his answer sheet in front of the front device camera & submit it to us via Google form.